Sunday, February 12, 2012

Open Letter to Belmont Heights Baptist Church

Open Letter to Belmont Heights Baptist Church:


Josh asked me what I wanted to share with the congregation. As you can imagine this is a very emotional time for me. I wanted to share so much but you wouldn't have made out very much. SO, here is what I want to say to you.


You are a special place. From the moment I snuck into your service several years ago, and unknown, you greeted me with love. I had many people reach out to me on my first visit. I wanted to say "I'm your next youth pastor"…but I couldn't. Even from my first visit, I noticed how loving this church was and is today. I'm so thankful that you welcomed me in. You have allowed me to do ministry. You didn't put any restrictions on me. You allowed me to serve.


I'll carry some incredible memories with me. For instance, Beef Jerky runs on the way to Iowa, calling timeout in Church League softball on second base, taking the students to the Lost Sea to spend the night in a cave (DUMB IDEA), Hearts on Fire trips, Florida trip, Poland (twice), bowling, SnowBird, Camp Ba Yo Ca, Fellowships, prayer service, Fusion, Hangin' at the Lethgos…Arnie's and Barry's, leading worship in Poland, BHBC, and Iowa and so many more memories.


Through Belmont, i met my wife!!! I came here to serve and left married! Its been great to serve along side a great pastor. I believe Belmont is heading in the right direction.


Students: you are being left in some very capable hands. These leaders love you guys. They want to see you succeed just like Kristi and I do. Put the Lord first, and you WILL succeed. Love these youth workers because they are serving because they care about you. We may not be there every week like you/we are used to but we're still very much apart of Belmont. You are our home church. Your successes are our successes and vice versa. We want to hear from you. Please call, text, email, or whatever so we can be in touch!


Its been an honor to serve this church. We look forward to sharing with you what God is doing in our lives and in New York City and we look forward to seeing you…hopefully soon.


Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment